May 25, 2010

The white box

Looking down, looking up. 
Looking left, looking right. 
Counting from 10 to 1 in my brain. 
Thoughts bursting out from every corner of my heart, 
But I keep my eyes fixed on the pavement. 

I knew it had to go wrong sometime, but not like this. 
Walking into that white box was a mistake, but all I did was smile and get past it. 
You shoved past me, and tried to hurt me with all the strength you have. 
Funny thing is, white means peace. But you never had peace carved in your plan. 
Time was ticking, and I had to leave, but seeing you standing there, with revenge in your eyes, something held me back.

Practical jokes and pranks make me laugh, but having one played on me wasn't a good experience. 
Watching you do this to me didn't scare me, it just drew me away from you. 
So now I walk up to you, and look straight into your eyes. 
Instead of seeing hate or revenge, all I see is jealousy.
I try to make things better, but you do something outrageous. 
Something I never thought you would do. 

I want to laugh at you, and put you down in front of everybody,
but all I can feel in my numb body are my shaky legs, itching to run. 
I dive past the crowd, and break through the white box, out into the real world. 

I run faster than the wind would carry me, 
Until I realize I've been running in a circle.
Looking down, looking up. 
Looking left, looking right. 
Counting from 10 to 1 in my brain. 
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
...0. 
Everything ends at 0, doesn't it?

So I walk back into the white box, knowing that the only thing I can do to solve my problems is to run straight at them. 

White means peace, and two queens can never have two white flags high up in the air. 
But nothing ends without a start.

1 comment: